By claiming Gift Aid, your school can increase the value of the donations you receive by 25%. That could equate to hundreds, maybe even thousands, of pounds, providing a significant boost to your school’s budget.
But what does that money mean in real terms, and how can your school maximise the impact the additional funds make?
Putting Gift Aid funds to good use
There are many ways your school could allocate the money you claim from Gift Aid. Here are a few examples of how your additional income can be spent:
- New learning resources — Providing your students with the latest learning resources can increase their motivation and result in better performance in exams.
- The latest technology — Education is adapting to developments in technology, and the way children learn is changing. Investing the funds your school claims through Gift Aid in new technology will safeguard your teaching methods for the future.
- School trips — Spending time away from their desk on a school trip is a fantastic way for children to experience a variety of exciting new situations. What’s more, they’ll be able to apply their learning in real-world contexts and develop skills – both social and academic – in a fun, safe environment.
- Upgrading school facilities — Whether you need to renovate the school gym or build a fantastic outdoor learning space for your pupils, investing your additional funds from Gift Aid in your facilities enhances your school’s offering.
The measurable impact on your school
Before making a decision on where your school’s Gift Aid funds should be allocated, consider how much of an impact those improvements will have on your school.
While these changes should enhance the learning of your pupils, they can also have impact on a wider scale.
- Increased admissions (and funding) — With the improvements made to your school and its offering, you could experience increased admissions applications from parents who have heard about the positive changes you’ve made.
- A higher standard of applicants to your vacancies — Every school wants the best teachers, and every teacher wants to work at the best school. After improving your school’s offering, you may find your vacancies attract a higher standard of applicant than before.
- An enhanced reputation in the area — As word spreads about the upgrades you’ve made to your school, the perception and reputation of your school with people in your community, in the local area, and in the media will be enhanced.
It all starts with Gift Aid
Claiming Gift Aid can have a significant impact on your school, in both the short and the long term. It all starts, however, with your first Gift Aid claim.
Tali, Pebble’s school income management software, guides you smoothly through the process of preparing for and submitting your school’s Gift Aid claims. Soon after, donations to your school will be increased by 25% and your supplemented budget will give you the financial backing to make impactful changes.
So, start your Gift Aid journey today by contacting the Pebble team to arrange a free Tali demo.